Sunday, May 31, 2009

Windex...

Enjoy a natural kind of shine. This biodegradable cleaner from the makers of Windex® keeps your countertops sparkling and windows streak free—naturally. Simply spray on, wipe and let the plant-based cleaners do their work. You'll enjoy the good feeling that comes from making a smart choice for you, your family and the planet. Ingredients:
Plant-BasedCleaning Agent
A naturally derived cleaning agent that comes from coconut or palm-kernel oils.
Corn-BasedEthanol
PurifiedWater
Use On:
*Ceramic
*Glass
*Plastic
*Chrome
*Mirrors
*Stainless steel


( not to use as Lilly's face cleaner )



(This was taken after meds so it had cleared up quite a bit!)

Yesterday afternoon I was doing some cleaning, I had just wiped some things down with the Windex and then left it on the counter in the kitchen. A few minutes later I had seen Lilly spraying it and wiping the cupboards down, I let her continue, didn't see any harm, it's "Natural" right??? Whats the harm??? Well I'm sure there wouldn't be any harm in it if she hadn't decided to wash her face with it! She came running in the other room crying saying her face was burning, we washed it off and I thought all was good, her face looked fine! I sent her down stairs while I put Preston down for a nap. About an hour later I looked at her face and her cheeks, nose and chin were bright red and her chin was kinda bloody, I had a little panic. I tried washing her face again and she just cried that it was burning, soooo I stuck her in the bath thinkin she'd end up getting it wet and then I don't know ease the pain or something. It didn't help so off to the ER we went. We got in right away and the ultimate diagnosis was just skin irritation, treat with Benadryl and Motrin and wash her face a few times an hour, then if it starts to blister or if she runs a fever bring her back in. Great news, I was scared since I waited so long that maybe it was going to scar her face. Bad news is my crazy daughter loves the ER, of course she does, everyone goo'd and gaa'd over her, gave her stickers, gave her strawberry ice cream and praised her for trying to help mommy today, she ate up every bit of that attention! So when we were waiting for our discharge papers she said "I love the this place, I love the alls my Dr.s" and then tells me she doesn't want to go home she wanted to stay there. She's always had this fascination with Dr.s, we're praying that means she want to be one when she grows up!!




So here she is this morning and it looks like just a little burn to the tip of her nose, the outline of her top lip is burned and now a few scabs on her chin.
Thanks Lilly for always keeping us on our toes!

No comments: