Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Racing for the Cure!

Saturday I got to participate the Susan G Koman Race For The Cure. What an awesome feeling! I had no idea how emotional it would be. Most racers wore the same shirt and the SURVIVORS and ladies that were currently FIGHTING this awful battle wore a bright PINK shirt. So that alone being able to pick apart the crowd was just heart wrenching, then there were signs on everyones back that were racing for a specific person/persons. I was so touched to see so many (15,000) people there from all walks of life and all ages there for such an important event. I do have to say though the most heart wrenching thing was seeing a dad and 3 little boys ( maybe 7ish) running with signs on their back that said "running for mom". Words can truly not explain the feeling that day, next year were making this a family event for sure!!! So ladies PLEASE check your Ta-tas, Twins, Boobies (whatever you call them) OFTEN!!!! I have now witnessed how it doesn't matter how young or old you are!!

Me.

Dave, Betsy and little Tori racing for his Grandma!!

Melanie and I

Some of the group!

Getting ready to line up!



No comments: