Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week!

This year I had to get a little more creative with the teacher appreciation gift, since we added 3 new teachers this year and as much as I'd love to go crazy overboard with gifts to these amazing women that spend so many hours shaping my little girls into little learning machines, we just couldn't this year. So this is what we came up with, the gift that *could* truly just keep giving, beautiful flowers for them to plant in their yard! I just fancied them up a little by "scrapping" the pots and putting a little note to them, thanking them for being such great teachers!


Chris helped the girls deliver them yesterday morning and everyone loved them, Lexi felt quite special and I felt better about scrapping a pot that was going to be thrown away,lol!

Here's Lexi with hers for her teachers!

Lilly with hers!

Then last night we made cupcakes for the teachers lunch in today, although Chris said when he dropped them off in the office this morning he was pretty sure none of the cupcakes were making it past the secretary's, oh well, it's the thought that counts right??

Here's what happens when you leave a bowl of homemade frosting on the counter within kid reach at our house......

Then here's what happens when the three year old discovers theres frosting on the window and thinks to himself "well since I didn't get to lick a spoon, I might as well just sneak a lick at the window"!
I'm sure he was thanking Lilly under his breath as she got in trouble and he enjoyed some yummy cream cheese frosting before dinner!

No comments: