Monday, May 11, 2009

I had my most restful Mothers Day yet! I woke before everyone and enjoyed a quiet house, once the kids started popping up one by one Chris got up and made a fabulous breakfast, I'm so glad he likes to cook! Then I got showered with gifts AND THEN I went back to sleep for a long nap! It was heaven! I felt guilty until I realised the kids didn't even notice I wasn't in the backyard playing with them for hours on end. They were completely content with dad and the beautiful weather outside! Then in a groggy daze I read a text from the Farrells asking us if we were coming to dinner, So I made my butt get out of bed at 2:30 to get ready and off we went to a YUMMY dinner of steak, chicken and shrimp kabobs!! My mouth seriously melted! Then we spent the rest of the evening with all the kids riding bikes. Lexi was bound and determined to learn how to ride with no training wheels, it didn't happen... It was a great day and I'm so thankful I have these little munchkins to call me mom!

This is what happens every time they race for the car to leave the house!

Dinner!!

Lexi giving it a go...





Preston not too far behind!

A boy and his dad

(and that would be a Root Beer)


Lexi

Lilly

Preston

The kiddos trying out Rileys new slide!

Riley breaking out the skateboard!

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

glad you had a great mother's day...dinner looked awesome! my mother's day wasn't so great!! I got to take care of a sick hubby and sick baby! It was aweful!