Monday, May 11, 2009

A boy and his backpack!

Last week I took Preston in for some Preschool testing for the up coming year. This is our second trip in because the boy clams up and doesn't let go of my leg from the minute we walk in the door. So once again we show up and Preston did very minimal talking, he just kept saying he wanted to go home. I just have to laugh though cause "normally" he's completely opposite of how he was acting, go figure! So here he was that morning getting ready to head to school, he was excited then that quickly changed to not wanting to go cause "I was going to leave him".



arguing to stay...


contemplating hiding his backpack in the closet...


not listening to a word I'm saying...


Acting like he doesn't have a clue what I'm saying...
and this is about the time when he said " I hate school", real nice....



That's his new word of choice "hate", it drives me crazy! He currently hates anything and everything he doesn't want to do or have, even me a time or two. I'll be one happy mama when this little phase passes. It's pretty hard trying to keep a straight face when he say he hates things, he totally sounds like Napoleon!

So the school outcome is, is that he gets to start in the Fall for a 30 day assessment to see if he qualifies. It'll be nice that I know I'll at least I'll have a few weeks of some one on one time with the new baby, it's perfect timing!

No comments: