Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easter Dresses...

So me who hasn't touched a sewing machine since Mrs. Owens class in the 7th grade is taking on the task of making the girls Easter Dresses! I have an awesome teacher (my Aunts mother in law) who is being very patient and taking me through it step by step! It's a little stressful, when I opened the pattern it was like a foreign language to me,lol! So, so far I've cut the pattern, sown the bodice and one gathered sleeve! I'm headed over today to do the other sleeves, zipper and skirt! So here's a few pics of my first night "on the job"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, look at you go! How fun for you. I got Val to teach me how to do some stuff while I was in AZ, but dresses?!?! Maybe next year for me, Im sticking to the easy stuff for now. Good job!
My mom is thrilled to have a baby so close, she doesnt want to get in the way though, so shes trying to give them space, but she is loving it. It makes me feel better too now, like Im not denying her so much of being a nani anymore.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

You are brave! Post the pictures when you have finished them. I can't wait to se how they turn out.

Matt n Jessica said...

Wow, impressive! I can't wait to see them