Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Less is more!

Less is more or at least that's what I keep telling myself as I'm going through every inch of our house to get ready for a yard sale this weekend at Melanie's! I think I've seriously gotten rid of 4-5 garbage bags of TOYS! Words can not even explain how sick of toys I am! I'm sick of the mess that my kids refuse to pick up, the stepping on them, the constant fight with the kids to at least make a walk way through the toys in the basement, toys in their room, man I could just go on and on! I feel like toys are taking over my life! So I'm definitely going with the "less is more" in the toy department at our house and man does it feel good!

So as I was going through some stuff I came across this bag of memories! It's one of those plastic bags that comforters come in that zip, now make a note to yourself NEVER NEVER try to preserve any memories in a bag like that unless you want it covered in mold and ruined. I'm so sad, it was most of my birthday cards from like 3-8 , all my school work, report cards, well basically anything that my mom kept from my youngin days! I was able to save a few of the things that were laminated so that was good! The funny thing is, is that I remember making every single thing in that bag, crazy huh? since most of it was from kindergarten! So just a little reminder be careful what your storing your memories in so that killer picture you drew in the 5th grade, yep the one that got you 3rd place at the Navajo county fair doesn't get ruined,lol!
What I saved!
No other pics in this post because my sweetest little boy decided to snag moms memory card off the desk and suck on it! Yep totally ruined, so any pics I took last week are long gone! It was a sad sad day!

Ok I'm outie to go do the "less is more" effect on Prestons room!

No comments: