Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Last Lecture

I don't know how many of you out there were *lucky* enough to catch Diane Sawyer last night and her interview with Randy Paucsh, so I'm dedicating my blog for today to this story! That's right I said lucky, because I feel so lucky to have watched his last lecture, it's amazing, life changing, leaves you speechless and just gives you one more reason to not take life for granted! Randy Paucsh is truly an amazing man, his strength and outlook on life basically leaves me with a loss of words! I can't wait to get his book, I'm sure it'll be one you can't put down from the minute you pick it up! I lied (layed???oh no bad grammar check!) in bed last night for hours after watching his lecture trying to get to sleep and one of the things that stood out the most was him saying over and over that he could never say getting Cancer was unfair to him. I mean WOW to really be in that place in your life and still be so together when you know you ARE dieing, your leaving 3 kids and a woman that the world can visibly see your madly in love with and yet you don't let anything get you down, simply amazing! There's not one person I wouldn't recommend taking the time and listening to his last lecture, I promise you'll walk away with something!

Here is a little clip from last night!Theres a little commercial before the clip, but it's worth the few second wait! http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=3633945&page=1

or when you have time watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

The Last Lecture "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." --Randy Pausch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I cant pull up the links you posted. I will look em up on YouTube though. We watched American Idol gives back last night, another one of those tear jerker shows that makes you take a deeper look at your family and children. We are truly so blessed to have what we have, even when we feel we have nothing. Those poor babies in Africa who have lost thier whole families to AIDS, yet we sit here on our comfy couches holding our healthy children wanting more from life. Thanks for your uplifting post, those are always nice to read!