Friday, May 9, 2008

My Crazy Bargain Week!

Wow! What a bargain week! I can honestly say that I'm almost sick of Walgreens, but in all reality I'll be back there tonight rolling my Register Rewards into more gas gift cards! So the basics of my deals this week are: cereal at Albertsons which are on sale for 10 for $10.00, well there's handful of places on the web to print coupons to go with this deal, also in last weeks Sunday paper (which is available at walmart all week!) there's a $1.00 off to General mills coupon! So my total for Albertsons this week is right at $16.00 and that got me 30 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of fruit by the foot, 2 boxes of popcorn and 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars!!

So an average of .40 a box! Not bad considering they're usually around the 3.00-4.00+ range!

Now on to the what seems like the never ending Walgreens trips! They are having a buy 9 P&G items and get a 20.00 Register Reward (like cash at walgreens!) So of course theres plenty of coupons to go with all the products that qualify for this deal! So this was my first trip and my out of pocket was a little more than usual to get me started but I've already made hundreds off the deal so definitely worth it! So I paid 20.00 for this trip but I left with all this and 80.00 in register rewards so basically profited 60.00, WooHoo! Now let the rolling of rewards begin!

So with my P&G rewards I would roll 10.00 at a time to get this below for free and then the Venus razor would spit out a 6.00 register reward, I guess I'm technically loosing 4.00 in rewards but seriously 4.00 for all this stuff....

then roll that 6.00 reward plus all my cover girl coupons and pay .51 out of pocket for tax and then the register spits out another 20.00 reward!!!

Then I just "rinse and repeat" that same deal over and over... I now have over 60 pieces of Cover Girl make-up, had 130.00 in rewards in which I have bought 100.00 worth of gas cards (for our trip next week to Lagoon!!) about 4 Tides, 5 razors and 6 packages of Oreos (buy 2 oreos for 5.00 and a 3.00 reward prints!)


Then I got a little tip off from the Internet that if you bought one of these new mens body wash that a coupon will print for a free one, so I bought 1 at 3.49, my coupon printed so then I got my free one paid .21 tax and then another free coupon prints so I did the deal six times and I have my free coupon for the next one burning a whole in my wallet so I'm sure you know where I'll be as soon as Chris gets home...

So there you have it, yes it takes time but hey it's so worth it!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so impressed! I tried to keep up with the coupon thing for a week, and gave up...maybe once things arent so chaotic around here. We are moving THIS WEEKEND!!! Ugh, my husband thinks hes making my life easier?!?!
Yes, I go over with my pregnancies, Halle was two weeks and Maddi was 1 week over. Both were induced, and this one is already scheduled for a May 27th induction. Im running every night now though, and doing squats and taking different "vitamins" to help move it along...we will see how, or if it goes!

Matt n Jessica said...

Ok you have to email me and tell me about how to do the bargain shopping! I swear i am so clueless, but I am jealous of your deals! LOL