Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bunnies, pic overload, garden and bargain highs!!

This last weekend was pretty eventful here at the home front! Saturday morning I was up and out the door to pick up Melanie at 8:30 so we could hit "Craft Warehouse" bright and early for their National scrapbooking sale! This store is so awesome, they have the best home decor section ever! So we "slowly rushed" through there, I was trying to get home by 10:00 so Chris could go to work! We ended up running into Walmart to check out the garden section and I personally think we hit the jackpot! They had these huge palm treeish plants on clearance for 5.00, score!, grabbed 3 of those and then loaded the cart full of vegis to plant in my garden area that Chris tilled for me Friday night! Just in case your wondering what time I came wondering home, 12:30, ooops! Chris just knows by now 12:30 is the new 10:00 for me,lol, I couldn't ask for a better husband that NEVER complains about my running here and there, shopping all over Idaho! I'm pretty sure we could have 5 bucks to our name and I could walk in the door with arms full of bags from the mall and he wouldn't say a thing, he's definitely a keeper to me :) Anyway back on subject, so Chris heads to work or so I thought... I get a call about an hour later asking if the kids are outside, I say no, he says bring them outback he has a surprise for them! Well 5 minutes later we now have a new addition to the family, "Snow White" the bunny! He obviously by passed work and thought a trip to the feed store was more fun!
Snow White!



Poor Bunny!



Yes I even held her, she better feel dang special,lol!




So the rest of the day consisted of a trip to Home Depot to buy everything to make a bunny hutch (who buys a bunny before actually having a place to put it??? US!!), plant all my vegis and try not to let the kids kill the poor bunny on the first day!! Fun, Fun!







Sunday was another day spent out back finishing the hutch and putting together a gazebo thing! It was such a nice day and the kids literally played til they passed out that night, days like that are the best!












The end result! We can't decide if we'll do a table or a couch set to put in it, so for now you can just have a seat on the 1 ottoman that's in there,lol!!








Yesterday Lexi and Preston had shots and I bribed Lexi with another Bunny is she didn't scream bloody murder like the last time! Lets just say the shots went perfect and we stopped by and picked out another bunny on the way home! Good thing she's done with shots, I'd hate for her to think she getting bunnies every time she gets a shot, but I'm sure she'll now try to use that bribe to her advantage every chance she can! So now here's our 2nd new addition, Geselle!






Now let me just add we have no idea the sexes of these bunnies, so time will tell in a few month if we have babies coming out of our ears, then I'll be explaining to the girls how 2 princesses had babies!
OK this post is getting way to long so I'll be back later to post my crazy good deals for the week!!






What a great weekend...



No comments: