Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving week!

What a Fabulous week! It went by way too fast, but we still managed to cram in a ton of things while Chris was home! Chris flew in Tuesday night, his flight came in early which made me technically late, which I hate! I was just pulling off the freeway when he called sounding like a little kid in a candy shop asking where we were! I was actually glad to just be able to pick him up on the curb instead of carrying 2 sleeping kids into the airport! Lexi was so HAPPY to have dad home, she seriously didn't stop smiling the whole way home or the whole week for that matter. I felt like a teenager again, butterflies and all, 7 weeks was incredibly too long to be without your best friend! Wednesday Chris and the kids spent all day out side sucking up leaves and about 30 bags later they called it a day and we headed out to Target and dinner, woohoo! Thursday morning started with Chris going to get donuts and then Melanie bringing over my Birthday presents from my mom (she tried to be all sneaky and say she hadn't had time to mail it yet!) YaY I got a new sewing machine, awesome! So yes I did say Birthday present which means yes it was technically my Birthday, which means I'm aquarterofacentury old, boohoo!! I'd like to think I'm still 18 stuck in a fat girls body these days... Anyway I got way spoiled from everybody, new camera,sewing machine, scrapbook stuff, velour joggy outfit, "The Last Lecture" book, all sorts of goodies! Then it was off to stuff our selves miserably at the Farrells, see everyone made fun of me cause I dressed everyone up in my family, dresses,tights, button up shirts.... and what did I show up in???? You got it, the super comfy velour outfit! Man was I comfy AND I sure as heck wasn't the first one for once to have to unbutton my jeans after dinner! Damn genius I tell you! I'm thinkin I'll be wearing one of those outfits every year from now on! So now we're on to Black Friday WOOT WOOT! The one time all year that I look forward to getting up at 3:30 am and pretty much not sleeping all night cause I'm so afraid of sleeping through my alarm! It was another year of great fun with Melanie, great deals, Yummy Cracker Barrel food, lots of walking, just one day of worrying about nothing but shopping! I made it home that night to see Chris had finished lighting up our house and a living room full of all my Christmas totes! So I'm sure you could guess what we did the next day..... Yep put up our tree and decorate the house but that was all AFTER we went and got family pics done that morning!!! You have no idea how much this excites me that we finally pulled it together to go get professional pictures done, it's been 5 years since we've gotten one. We always just have people take one at whatever holiday it is, but they're just never a nice as a studio! They went great, kids where great, our lady was great and a great amount of money later we'll finally have a family pic up on the mantle (and on our blog header) movin on up.... Then yesterday we just hung out, Chris packed again for about another 2 weeks in Heber, I wrapped some presents to send to Heber and then we went down town last night to walk around this area that they decorated for Christmas, it's incredibly beautiful and the kids really enjoyed our "Christmas walk". Now it's Monday, I'm beat from last week, Chris is back in AZ and I have 3 kiddos asking whens daddy going to be home from work.

Some nice lady offered to take our pic last night down by the lights!



The tree decorated, stockings hung...


Lexi hanging ornaments


Preston would just rather play with them!


This is the back of Melanies van with her third row down and we still hit another 5 stores I believe.



Me and Miss Kolbi on Thanksgiving

The girls ever so patiently waiting for Melanie to finish the deviled eggs!

Chris trying to get Preston to do some hand thing


Miss olive fingers


Me and all my morning glory opening my present from mom!

Mom you owe me for posting these greasy haired, pre showered pics ; )

Thanks mom, your the best!

and here's Lexi and Bryce on Tuesday before they hit the road to move back to Heber. I also went back into nagging pouty sister mode and was sure to tell them how much they suck for moving back to Heber and taking my cute nephew with them!! Yes I'm still pouting too!


















g
o

1 comment:

NICOLE said...

I am a terrible friend!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love your post and how much journaling you did so I can read all about what you did. I don't have the patience!! Looks like you guys are enjoying life!! Are you ever going to come see us Heberites??Love you guys!!