Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a Hellish Week!

I won't go into every detail but believe me when I say I feel like the world is against me right now! I seriously don't know whats up and NO it's not me just whining cause Chris is gone, I did this same situation twice last year and I'm strong and made it through just fine but geeze this year is another story! So the icing on the cake yesterday was having to put down our dog that we've had for 9 years! Anyone that knows me knows I'm not an animal person at all, but Dexter was the exception! He was definitely part of the family, I mean how could he not be, 9 years is a long time! I feel horrible for Chris, that was his baby especially before we had our real babies. The kids are going to be heart broken, they think he's at the vet right now and I'm keeping it that way til the weekend! It flat out sucked yesterday, nothing like calling for help about Dexter being a blubbering mess with no voice, I never get sick but of coarse here I am no voice feeling like there's 500 lbs sitting on my chest, coughing up... well believe me you don't want to know!

Pity party over, here's some pics of our ugly mutt that was the bestest dog ever!
So because I'm bored and the kids are asleep here's the little run down on how we got him! Well we were living over by the High school and one morning Brandon P. and Matt O. showed up to see if our dog Taton was at our house. Well he wasn't, I had just let him out and turns out the school bus had hit him well Chris had just had surgery on his knee so he was not mobile so they completely took care of everything for us with that situation, so very grateful for them that day! Anyway Chris was bummed and was soooo bored being off work for weeks and just so happened that one of my moms friends down at the realty place dog had puppies that were ready to go.... So the rest was history, we went there picked him cause of his one blue eye and he ended up being the best dog ever!

1 comment:

NICOLE said...

Oh man Sooo Sorry!! I know he was a huge part of your lives! Sucks having Chris gone so good luck!! Miss you!