Friday, October 3, 2008

Deja-vu

So here we are, exactly where we were last year at this time... me and the kiddos in Idaho and Chris in AZ building a house. As proud as I am of Chris and his business and people actually willing to pay someone 2 states away to come build their house cause they love his work so much, it still sucks! For some reason it's just harder this time, not too sure why, maybe it's the kids are older and are more aware of dad being gone, maybe it's the awesome routine we've gotten in over the last 8 months with Chris working right up the street from home always taking and bringing the girls to and from school , him taking Lexi to dance, maybe it's Preston constantly running to the window looking for dad, all I know is that he's a HUGE help in running this house and it's only been 3 days and I'm already feeling it!
The girls didn't have school Thursday so they got to spend some quality movie watching time together before dad left and poor Lilly would literally not leave his side for a minute, as she napped there for hours.
I finally dragged my butt out of PJ'S and took Lexi and Tanner bowling with a few of the Farrells last night. I'm sure they were so dang happy to get out of the house!
Our seeexxxyyy shoes!
Lexi had a blast and seriously wanted to take her shoes home!

her lucky ball that got her coming in dead last.... but hey as long as she hit 1 pin she thought she won!
Wednesday night we had an invitation only open house for the "flip" house
the turn out was fantastic, with great people and yummy food!
so here's just a few pics as we were setting up!

this house was definitely a labor of love and we all feel greatly attached to it! Chris definitely says he's going to miss it, I thought to myself " this is just like child birth, it's only been a few days and he's already forgot "that feeling" of I'm never doing this again" lol



and here's just a little thing I got to do last Saturday, it was National Scrap Pink Day! It was super fun and it can't get much better then scrapping to raise money for Breast Cancer!!!


So there you have it, I'm caught up once again even though I failed to mention I've already made one crying call to Chris cause Preston flushed and clogged our toilet with a hot wheel, also failed to mention we only have 1 bath and we've already gone through 3 brand new toilets in the last 6 month for this exact same issue (thanks Preston!), oh yeah and I also don't know how to change out a toilet and once again where did I find him racing his cars today??? yep the toilet! Oh yeah I'm not mentioning these things cause they still make my eye twitch just thinkin about it!!

No comments: