Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conjunctivitis...

Well because nothing can just be simple these days, Lilly woke up Monday morning and I noticed a blood spot on her eye. I then lifted her eye lid and the whole white of her eye ball as far as you could see was solid blood red. Freaked me out! So off to urgent care we went, where they said she had Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)! Perfect! The Dr. then proceeds to tell us how contagious it is, even more perfect, we've all been fighting the cold flu for over a week and now this! So we headed home, washed and bleached all the bedding, towels, ya know all that fun stuff. Then this morning around 2 am to be exact I woke to feeling like I'd been beat with a baseball bat from head to toe, sore throat, ears, the SAME crap I had just gotten over all of one day ago! Then it happened, Lexi woke up with "THE EYE" too. I feel like garbage, so I improvised and used some of Lilly's drops to get her started, now I've got to bring her in because the Dr. office just can't take Dr. Nichole's word when she says child #2 has pink eye to please call me in a script, they would just like to make my life more hectic and earn an extra buck and make us come in again!! OK rant over, here's the best picture I could get of her eye, it really doesn't show the nastiness it really is!



P.S. putting eye drops in kids eyes is pure torture for both parties!

3 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Pink eye is the worse!! Hang in there!

NICOLE said...

Oh man!! So sorry!! Sucks your sick at the same time!!

Matt n Jessica said...

Man that's going around here too!! The kids all had it a few months ago too, nasty stuff and super contagious!