Friday, August 21, 2009

A boys new room.

Well it has officially happened...Preston has been kicked down to the basement! Talk about waiting til the last minute, the baby which could really make her debut anytime needs the bedroom next to ours so that meant enclosing another bedroom down stairs for the "P" (the girls are already down there) I guess that's the plus for buying a house with an unfinished basement! Anyway I forgot to take before pics but basically it was cement floors, no walls, just open space! Now here's what it has transformed into in the last few days!

Last night Chris decided he wanted to build Preston a new bed, I was totally against it because for 1. he has a perfectly nice log twin bed and for 2. that would be taking away time from just getting the room done so we could move on to the baby's room! For once I'm sooo glad I kept my opinion to myself! I love it, it saves so much room in there,plus what little kid wouldn't want a little play area under their bed?!?

As I write right now Chris is building a corner shelf thing that goes right under the ceiling for his T.V. (yes we're "those" parents")

I was going to change his "theme" but time just ran out so he's stuck with his jungleish theme for awhile longer!



We just have to get the rock climbing things to put on the steps up to his bed, then it's all done!

and here's his little area under the bed, I wish it would stay this clean forever but as you can see I haven't brought his toys in yet!

making his bed is not going to be fun, but we'll deal...


So there it is the basics are done, we have one very, very happy boy and now we move on to the baby's room!

5 comments:

Melanie Farrell said...

I Love it!!

Porter Prodigies II said...

Looks very cute! My girls want a bed like that so bad, some day...some day... Nice job!

Roberta said...

Great job, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Very nice work Chris and Nichole.

Matt n Jessica said...

That looks great! Good job! I can't wait to see the baby's room!