Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A week behinde again...

Well since I uploaded all my pics backwards, that's how I'm rolling with it today!

I'm super excited to be saying I'm hopping my very first plane EVER and headed to Seattle bright and early Friday morning! Melanie is headed there to a HUGE fabric show for work and I got invited to tag along!

Last weekend my Aunt, Aimee and I had plans on heading up to Silver City , a little ghost town nestled back in the mountains dating back to the 1800's. There's several homes still standing and I guess 2 times a year they do tours of everything that's left there. So Aimee got this crazy idea Sat. at about 4:00 to go buy a ton of fabric so we could make skirts and everything we would need to look the part of being "back in the day" and take pictures for a scrap booking project she had in mind! So needless to say we got hardly any sleep Sat night and we took off on our adventure bright and early Sunday morning!

This is what I started the day looking like...

And the after! It was definitely fun playing "dress up"! Everyone loved it, people even asked to take pictures with us, too funny!

I'm so not usually into the whole graveyard scene, but this one fascinated me It was so old and beautiful. It's so amazing to me the headstones they made back then, so huge and such beautiful carvings and another thing I noticed was that they put the date of birth and death and also wrote out the persons age like 4yrs 7months and 6 days old, just different...






So one thing I have come to realise is no wonder the women back then were so skinny, it was so dang uncomfortable with all those layers and layers of clothes in the hot sun beating down on you as your walking walking walking... sweating sweating sweating...
in the old school house

And another thing all those layers of clothes were the most unflattering thing, I swear I'm not 12 mos. prego :)




me and Bryce at a little BBQ we had for them on Monday!



us getting to meet Bryce for the first time Thursday morning
Lexi just seriously stares at him the whole time he's here

Preston seriously didn't know what to think, he was completely amazed by him!
I'll probably be falling behinde once again since tomorrows crazy busy and I'm off as of Friday so I shall return, with a crap load of pics I'm guessing and hopefully with no crazy stories about us in the big city or about Chris being solo with the kids!


No comments: