Monday, June 29, 2009

A stormy day...

Friday started off great! My mom sent me to go get my hair done, it's been FOREVER since I've gone anywhere to get it colored, it was nice!! I spent 4 hours there, the girl took her time since she knew I was getting a break from the kids,lol!


She also cut it, although you can't really tell here, since she didn't really style it. She did do an awesome job just brushing and blow drying it, I seriously just wanted to fall asleep!
Then the afternoon played out for everyone kinda lazy! (except Chris)
Then that's when we hear it....the beeping on the T.v... the loudest siren I've ever heard going off in town...
ToRnAdO watch and warning...
The siren only lasted about 5 minutes, enough to scare me, enough for everyone else in town to just shrug it off as another summer storm warning ( thankfully they've never actually had a tornado here!)
We drove a little bit outside of town to snap a few pics.
The rain pured down and the wind was A BLOWING!!!

and here is the aftermath of the storm, the 2 week old tramp. I blew across my moms yard, over the fence, took out a clothes line and into the neighbors yard!
Chris was on the roof til way after he should have been, but as soon as he got down he got the call that our car was done at the dealership, so off he went to Bismark! So when he called from KFC to see what kind of Chicken we wanted he heard to sirens going off in the back round and me going you seriously better hurry the h*ll up :) Well the storm passed through here and he got the pleasure of driving through it on the way home, the worst rain he's ever driven through I guess...
So I like to look at that day like this...
Hair "do" $90.00
new air hydraulic shock system $1,000
KFC 35.00
Trampoline 189.00
Not getting whisked away in the Storm = priceless

OK that was kinda cheesy, but seriously.... I'll pass on anymore sirens for a while!!


No comments: